These bliss balls are so damn refreshing and tasty, contain healthy oils and is the perfect treat to help curb those sugar cravings.
– 2 cups shredded coconut and a little bit extra for the end
– 1/2 cup almonds
– 2-3 teaspoons rice malt syrup (vegans) or honey
– 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
– zest and juice of one organic lemon. (I prefer using organic lemons when I need zest.)
– Pop all your ingredients into a food processor and blend.
– If the mixture isn’t sticking together add a lil more coconut oil.
– Roll into balls.
– And cover with the extra shredded coconut.
– Refrigerate for until firm.
Makes about 18 balls, 130 calories per ball.
So I have about 10kg of flaked coconut sitting in my pantry, why I don’t know, so I decided to make something yummy with it… and the first thing that come to mind were these coconut macaroons. a.) because they delicious and help kick the sweet cravings b.) they gluten free and c.) well the recipe needs five cups and I have more then enough coconut lying around.
They came out perfectly – warm and chewy. I’ll defnitely be making these again. I may even try dipping them in melted chocolate as an extra treat!
p.s if you bake these please leave a comment letting me know how they came out and whether you enjoyed them as much as I did.
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together egg whites, sugar and salt until frothy.
2.) Gradually fold in coconut until it is well coated in wet mixture.
3.) Roll into balls and place on a baking tray (I like to line mine in parchment paper and a bit of cooking spray) and bake at 180 degrees celsius for about 20min.
4.) Check on your coconut macaroons every 5min, they may go golden before 20min depending on your oven. Once golden take then out of the oven to cool down.
5.) Lastly enjoy your chewy, sweet, gluten free treats with a cuppa tea… yum yum.
For a yummy guilt free muffin recipe click here.